Saturday, October 11, 2008

Things money can't buy...







I woke up this morning a little bit dizzy and with a terrible headache. Then the things money can't but slipped in my mind.

THINGS MONEY CAN'T BUY...

PERFUMES
It's not the scent of my CK, Victoria Secret, Hugo Boss or White Musk from Body Shop, but it's the scent that feels like the hug of the person sitting next to me. The hug that warms my body even if this person is doing nothing to impress me.

SHOES
It's not my rubber shoes, sneakers, slippers or sandals that i wear. It's the person walking beside me. It does'nt matter if I walk barefoot, what matters most is the person who walks not infront or behind me, but the person who walks beside me.

BAGS
It's not my bags that makes me happy. But it's the arms that wraps around my my shoulder or waist. It's the tap on my shoulder and hearing someone says, "everything's gonna be alright".

JEANS AND SHIRTS
It's not the expensive clothes in the shops that I want to buy. But it's how comfortable I am wearing those clothes. It's like the straightjacket that feels like somebody is embracing you.

CHOCOLATES AND SWEETS
It's not the shape or kind of chocolates I eat. Although I'm not fond of sweets. It's not the tins or box of the sweets that was given to me. It's the thought and the presence of the person who gave it to me.

SUNGLASSES
It's not the sunglasses that protects my eyes from the sun. But it's the person who looks into my eyes without thinking who am I today and who I was before. It's the emotions in my eyes. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

CELLPHONE
It's not the model or specifications of my cellphone. It's the sms I received saying, "how r u?", "I miz u", "I luv u". It's the call from somebody saying, "due date na ng phonecards mo". Hehehe!

MONEY
You see, these are the things money can buy, but we're not giving attention to the things money can't buy.
It's not the money I've earned or the success I've achieved. It's not the money I've spend for all these expensive things...


But it's the love and respect i've earned, it's the love and respect I'm giving away. Most of all there's no amount of money in comparison to the people who will Stay beside me for the rest of my life no matter what.

No comments: