Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Balikbayan box...


I just send a balikbayan box to the Philippines with some clothes, groceries and some items for my family. At first I thought it's easy to send a box full of different things that I can buy here in Israel. But I was wrong, It's so expensive, time consuming, with lots of headache. I kept on thinking of what to buy, what to send, how many to send...something like that. I also had to consider the needs and wants. Well, it's all finished. They took the box last night and start shipping it this Friday. It's all worth it especially that my family will appreciate everything what's inside the box.

When I was young and some of my cousins received balikbayan box from their family abroad every now and then, I said to myself, If only I can work in other country, I will also send something for my family. And here I am, sending one for them even if it takes me a long time to fill it.

No comments: